Date: April 17th 2019
Theme: “The smart, focused and principled girl”
Participants: 700 girls
Age: 11-19 years
- Keeping discussing the key issues and concerns.
- Identify and try out personal interactive and communication skills that can help the girls gain independence and educational excellence in their daily lives.
- To identify and discuss different forms of sexual harassment.
- Give the girls ideas and structures for peer group support in order to help them overcome sexual harassment.
Key Issues Discussed:
- How a girl can thrive in this challenging world?
- The smart, focused girl
- Menstruation cycle
- Personal hygiene
The girls at Healing Focus Primary school face the challenge of regular violence and emotional mistreatment in their homes. There is an urgent need to sensitize the guardians to stop this child abuse.